REVISIONS April 2014
Added a form to enable createion of email nodes with button clicks and viewing the queue for a specific meeting. broke out code dscribed below into its own include file jc_meeting.tpc_email_authors.inc
added nid1 field to jc_mail to enable referencing a specific node id to an email.
added sent on field - but it has yet to be used
1. add in fields that are specific to the meeting and abstract, so that stuff is not hard coded in
2. add button for email status to all authors
3. add button for email issues to all authors
4. add button for generic email to all authors
5. same as 2,3,4 but for a specific abstract
6. For each of the points above. first queue the emails nodes, then have a button to release the queue.
7. add queue number to the email node (for release, delete all, pause queue)
8. in jc_email. make geric versions of the above
STUFF BELOW IS DEPRECIATED
THINGS NEEDING UPDATING
use data in meeting object to populate the email
set up a form that enables one to look at the queue of emails, selecting queued, sent, errors; turn on/off cron task.
use a batch identifier to identify a batch of emails. Allow form to show and sort by batch id/name
TO SEND THE EMAILS
to - first author
cc - rest of authors if applicable
from - office at bems.org -> check this for bounces
bcc - outbox at bems.org -> check this to verify the emails were sent
under admin tasks activate menu item
print "<a href='" . base_path() . "jc_meeting_author_csv/6340'>BioEM2013 Authors</a>";
and change NID to relevant meeting NID.
in jc_meeting.module jc_meeting_author_csv($mnid="")
modify the email body so that it is applicable to the current meeting.
code to generate email nodes is triggered by touching above link.
see jc_meeting.module jc_meeting_author_csv($mnid="")
The function calls jc_email_create_node($subject="none", &$toUsers, &$fromUser, &$ccUsers, &$bccUsers, &$body)
The emails are sent by jc_email_cron() every 10 min in batches of 50. once a node is sent its status is changed to sent and when cron is called again only this waiting in queue are processed.