I am actively involved in EMF research with a focus on transcription changes and biochemical alterations in cells following RF EMF exposure. I served as a board member at BEMS for the last 3 years (Biological/ Medical Sciences).
Currently, I am the Technical Program Chair (TPC) of the BioEM2013. I have also served as a member of the scientific advisory committee for the Dutch National Program on EMF research (ZonMw), and at the Research Foundation Mobile Communication at ETH in Switzerland.
Having solid organizational skills is an important part of being the secretary of our society. My organizational skills are exceptional as demonstrated by managing my own research laboratory for the last 15 years, successfully getting and completing numerous research grants and serving as Vice Dean of the School of Veterinary Medicine at the Vetsuisse Faculty in Bern.
I believe that an important component of being a member of a scientific society is to share in the management of that society. I believe I have the time, experience and patience to do this job.
Current Position: Professor and Head of the Division Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology at the University of Bern, Switzerland; Vice Dean of the Vetsuisse Faculty University Bern
Education: Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (1989), Venia Docendi Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology (2001)
- Member in vivo Working Group, International Seminar on Biological Effects of Static and Extremely Low Frequency Electric and Magnetic fields and Related Health Hazards (4-5 June 1997 in Bologna, Italy)
- Chair, World congress for Electricity and Magnetism in Biology and Medicine, Session on „Immunology and Cancer“, (8-13 June 1997 in Bologna, Italy)
- Co-Organizer, Chair, and Member, NIEHS Science Research Symposium of the Health Effects of Exposure to Electric and Magnetic Fields III (06?08.April 1998 in Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.)
- Chair and Participant (liver cancer & skin cancer), IARC Monograph on Animal carcinogenicity of static and extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields (19?20 June 2001 Lyon, France)
- Advisory Board member at WHO, Environmental Health Criteria (EHC) document, 3?7 October 2005
- Permanent member on the scientific advisory board of the ‘Research Foundation Mobile Communication’, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Advisory board member (Steering Committee) of the Dutch Research Program on Non-Ionizing Radiation (2006?2016)
- Chair and Participant IARC Monographs 102 International Agency for Research on Cancer, (19-20 June 2011 Lyon, France)
- Advisory Board member of the Foundation and School of Veterinary Medicine in Hannover, Germany (2013-2016)
Peer?Reviewed Publications: 65