The 2010 Annual Meeting of BEMS will take place in Seoul, South Korea. I have been named as the Chair of the Technical Program Committee (TPC). Members of the TPC (listed below) been approved by the BEMS Board of Directors and nearly all members have confirmed their participation:
- Dariusz Leszczynski, Finland, firstname.lastname@example.org; Chair of the TPC
- (to be confirmed) Vitas Anderson, Australia;email@example.com;
- Carl Blackman, USA; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Myles Capstick, Switzerland; email@example.com;
- Jeffrey Carson, Canada; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Rodney Croft, Australia; RCroft@groupwise.swin.edu.au;
- Maria Feychting, Sweden; Maria.Feychting@ki.se;
- Seung-Cheol Hong, Korea; email@example.com;
- Nam Kim, Korea; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Jae-Seon Lee, Korea; email@example.com;
- James McNamee, Canada; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- (to be confirmed) Georg Neubauer, Austria; email@example.com;
- Andrei Pakhomov, USA; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Joachim Schuz, Denmark; email@example.com;
- Alex Thomas, Canada; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Shoogo Ueno, Japan; email@example.com;
- Zhengping Xu, China; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ewa Czerska, USA (ex officio: Past President); email@example.com;
- Niels Kuster, Switzerland (ex officio: President); firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Michael Murphy, USA (ex officio, President Elect); email@example.com;
At this time, I ask all BEMS members to send me your ideas about topics and speakers you would be interested in seeing for the:
- Plenary sessions
- Plenary Topic in focus sessions (designed to present two opposite views on the same problem followed by long moderated discussion)
- Tutorial sessions that review in brief recent progress in various areas of bioelectromagnetics (non plenary sessions).
Also, any ideas to make the meeting more attractive and appealing to the broad bioelectromagnetics community are also welcome. With your proposals, please include a brief justification. The deadline is April 30, 2009. After the deadline I will compile all the ideas and send them to the TPC members so that we can discuss them at the TPC meeting in Davos in June 2009.
I hope to hear from you soon!
Chair of the TPC BEMS 2010
Site visit in Seoul by TPC members (from left) Dariusz Leszczynski, Jae-Seon Lee, Gloria Parsley and Joachim Schuz.
Dariusz Leszczynski, TPC for BEMS 2010 and Nam Kim, Local Organizing Chair for BEMS 2010.
Traditional Korean entertainment