Published on: Jan 17, 2019
The Bioelectromagnetics Society (BEMS) and the European BioElectromagnetics Association (EBEA) glad to announce that BioEM 2019, the premier international conference on bioelectromagnetics and the annual joint meeting will be held in Montpellier, France on June 23-29.
The meeting aims to presenting and advancing high quality research in bioelectromagnetics to address the mechanisms, effects, regulations and medical applications.
We invite abstracts for platform presentations and poster sessions. Original papers are solicited for presentation (in English) on the interaction of biological systems with electromagnetic energy from static fields through Terahertz radiation.
Preferential topics include, but are not limited to, the following categories:
- Mechanisms of interaction
- Theoretical and practical modelling
- In-vitro and in-vivo cancer relevant effects (including genotoxicity)
- In-vitro and in-vivo effects on the nervous system (including behavioural and cognitive) and sensory organs
- Other in-vitro and in-vivo biological and health effects
- Human experimental studies
- Exposure assessment and occupational exposure
- Risk assessment, exposure standards and public policy
- Clinical devices and medical applications
- New and emerging applications
- Instrumentation and methodology
Authors wishing to present papers should submit a short summary and an abstract electronically. Instructions for Authors (https://www.bioem.org/submitinstructions) and the abstract submissions portal can be found at: https://www.bioem.org/home. The submission system is now open.
As always, we particularly invite platform and poster submissions from students. There will be a competition (with prizes) for the best student papers (both oral and poster). BioEM2019 will offer travel support to a number of students. For details and to apply, see http://www.bioem2019.org.
All abstracts will be reviewed and scored by the Technical Program Committee. While we will try to respect authors' preferences for a platform or poster presentation, this is not always possible when we assemble submitted abstracts into a balanced set of sessions for the final program.
14 Jan 2019: Registration and abstract submission opens online
1 March 2019: Abstract submission deadline
1 March 2019: Student travel support application deadline
15 April 2019: Author notification
15 May 2019: Early registration deadline
Azadeh Peyman and Micaela Liberti
Technical Program Chairs, BioEM2019