Authored by: Meike Mevissen, and Martin Roosli
Published on: Aug 01, 2017
We ask the members of both societies to submit proposals for the next joint annual scientific meeting of BEMS and EBEA, to be held in Portorož, Slovenia, 25-29 June 2018.
Input from EBEA and BEMS members contributes greatly to the success of our meetings. With this in mind, we are asking you to provide us with proposals for plenary sessions, tutorials, and workshops before 3 September 2017.
Proposals should outline the topic and rationale, and preferably include a list of potential speakers or workshop conveners (with affiliations and qualifications). Requirements and definitions of the formats can be found below. Please note that travel support is not available for speakers in the workshop sessions.
Proposals with a convincing rationale, an up-to-date topic, and highly respected speakers have a greater chance of selection by the Technical Program Committee (TPC).
Please send your input to email@example.com by 3 September 2017.
Meike Mevissen and Martin Röösli
BioEM2018 Technical Program Committee Chairs
Requirements for proposal submission
- Make it clear whether your proposal is plenary, tutorial or workshop.
- Describe the topic precisely and in words understandable by a broad audience.
- a) Describe why the proposed topic should deserves its own session.
- b) Is the proposed topic of broad interest and appeal, and
- c) How does it add to the value of our meeting?
- For each suggested speaker, provide name, affiliation and e-mail contact.
- Describe in a few sentences your reasoning for proposing the speaker.
- If you propose more than 1 speaker, explain how the talks would complement each other.
Both societies cover a broad range of disciplines within academia, industry, medicine, and government. We want these sessions to have broad appeal, allowing us to present a great diversity of information and to provide the time and structure to support meaningful group discussions. To achieve this, speakers should be excellent in terms of performance and their scientific knowledge.
Each session should meet the following characteristics:
- Plenary sessions:
- To be of interest for the majority of conference participants
- 1 or 2 speakers on focused topics or interdisciplinary session
- Highly respected speakers
- Educational on e.g. dosimetry, experiments to statistical analyses.
- Should present the principles (e.g. tools and methods) of the research area.
- Usually 1 speaker for each topic.
- The topic should have broad appeal, and allow enough time for discussion
- More than 1 speaker can present (not supported)
- Abstracts for workshops will also undergo a peer review process.
The Bioelectromagnetics Society
European Bioelectromagnetics Association